Wednesday 27 March 2013

Celebrating Easter in Photos

Daffodils, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, Easter, 2005
Wastewater, Cumbria, Easter 2006
I am looking forward to celebrating Easter with my family this weekend and still so pleased I got out of hospital in time to recover nicely ready for the holiday. Rose will be home and I can't wait to see her and have her around again. The only thing I could wish for at the moment is some of that lovely Easter sunshine we can sometimes get at this time of year. I was looking out on the garden at weekend and most of it was just a blizzard and I couldn't help but think of last March when I was enjoying the spring flowers in the garden and reading books and sunning myself up in the summerhouse. Those thoughts got me reminiscing about previous Easters we have enjoyed; we always spend some of Easter in the Lake District and sometimes we have escaped the disappointing Great British weather elsewhere. I ended up browsing through some of our old photos and this gave me a real lift and I thought I'd share some with you all, as I think we could all do with a bit of Easter sunshine to cheer us up. I don't think I'm on my own in wishing this coldest March ever is soon over with! Enjoy the photo show!

Arnside, Cumbria, Easter 2007

Warmer climes, Tenerife, Easter 2007
Athens, Easter 2008

Looking up to the Acropolis, Athens, 2008
Back to snow in Cumbria, Tarn Hows,  Easter, 2008 


Wastwater, Cumbria,  Easter 2009


Cherry Trees, Istanbul, Easter, 2009


Magnolia by the Haghia Sophia, Istanbul, Easter 2009

Mosaic in the Haghia Sophia Mosque, Istanbul (once a Christian church) Easter, 2009

Tulips in the park, near Topkapi Palace,  Istanbul, Easter 2009

Coniston Water, Cumbria, Easter 2010

River Levens, Nr Levens Hall, Cumbria, Easter, 2010

Cherry Blossom, Notre Dame, Paris, Easter 2010

Notre Dame, Paris, Easter, 2010

Glorious Blossom, Notre Dame, Paris, Easter, 2010


Cumbrian daffodils, Easter 2011

Cumbria, Easter, 2012

Windermere, Cumbria, Easter 2012


Camelia, Easter, 2012
So you can find sunshine and flowers at Easter, but sometimes it's better just to cheat if you can and escape to warmer climes! I would just like to wish all my blog readers a very happy Easter wherever you are and hope you enjoy the holiday whatever the weather. 

Easter is significant in that it symbolises new life and as I write this blog I have now been waiting for my chance of a new life for 555 days. So if you are reflecting on Easter and want to make a pledge and do a good deed, consider signing up to be an organ donor or just help us mobilise the Government into action by signing the petition to make them discuss the 'opt- out' organ donor scheme.    

If you want to sign up to the organ donor register click on: www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/

You can help us get the Government looking at organ donation by signing the epetition: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38220 


No comments:

Post a Comment