Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas!




I just want to wish everyone a very happy and peaceful Christmas and hope that the New Year brings you health, happiness and is the year you can make some of your dreams come true. 

I'm especially hoping my PH and transplant friends can remain in stable health and those waiting for transplants, that their calls will come very soon then they can start rebuilding their lives once more.





I know I've been truly blessed to have been given my life back this year and see my health get better and better and also to have been given some wonderful opportunities to experience new things, new places and new directions in life.





As a family we are forever grateful to the teams at Papworth Hospital, who have worked so hard over the years and still do to keep me well and we are forever grateful to my donor and their family for giving me this brilliant, amazing and most memorable year.





We have finished the year on a really big high, we made a dream of ours come true and flew out to see New York at Christmas time. It was a truly magical experience and all the more special because I didn't ever believe I would even fly in an aeroplane again, let alone do a long haul flight to somewhere we had always dreamed we may go together one day.





It felt like a big step to make, but we had a fabulous time and walked for miles so we could see everything there was to see; we Christmas shopped until we nearly dropped and pinched ourselves over and over again. In fact, we are still pinching ourselves...




As always my donor wasn't ever far away from our thoughts, as it was all because of her that we were able to enjoy the many special moments that we shared together, moments we believed we would never have and seemed beyond our wildest dreams...




Now it is Christmas Eve and time to enjoy the festivities.

Merry Christmas everyone! 





While I was in New York, NHSBT launched their Christmas campaign to raise more awareness of transplant and organ donation: I was fortunate enough to take part in this by doing a couple of press and radio interviews beforehand. My three Christmas wishes were: 

1. That there isn't such a shortage of organ donors
2. That everyone waiting for transplants could be as lucky as I have been and get a successful transplant
3. To go Christmas shopping in New York

One of those wishes has come true, so I'm hoping that 2015 will bring the rest. Please think of signing up to the organ donation register and click on the link below this blog. 

Christmas campaign 2014: 






No comments:

Post a Comment