Tuesday 31 March 2015

Eighteen Months Post Transplant





I'm now officially eighteen months post transplant! I don't know where the time has gone, but it just seems to go faster and faster. I haven't posted for a good few weeks as life is getting busier and busier now things are much more normal, but here's just a quick catch up. 


On the health front things are good. I've been back to clinic for more blood tests and they were fine this time, so no more clinic until May if things keep going well. I'm waiting to see my GP next to sort out the blood pressure monitor that the Transplant Team want me to have, so everything is going as well as can be.


Socially, we've been busy getting out and about: we've been to London a couple of times meeting up with friends and we got the wonderful opportunity to go to a reception at St James's Palace, hence this week's pictures taken in London around St James's Park and the Mall. We've been up to Papworth to the PH Matters Support Group, where Rob and I did a talk about my transplant journey and we travelled to both Hemel Hempstead and Birmingham this week to see more friends. Life is different than before my illness, but we've got back to being just as busy somehow, which is fantastic and something I never could have believed. 


Opportunities keep on coming to raise more awareness about the issues around Organ Donation. Following my day at the House of Commons with Transplant 2020 earIier this month I was contacted by the local press and managed to get another article in the Stevenage Comet with an interview from me and one from my local MP, Steven McPartland. 


I've also just completed my Dechox for the British Heart Foundation and managed to raise £270 passing my target of £250! Thanks to everyone who sponsored me. British Heart Foundation are helping to fund the genetic research for Pulmonary Hypertension that I'm taking part in, so it's a cause that is close to my heart. I'm looking forward to Easter now and maybe a few chocolate treats! 


I'd just like to wish everyone a very happy Easter, I hope you get chance for some peaceful time with your family and friends and enjoy the break. 

And to finish, never a day goes by without me thinking about the person that gave me the chance to thoroughly enjoy this last eighteen months and all this precious time with my family and friends. They are always in mine and my family's thoughts. 








No comments:

Post a Comment